S. 1 Ep. 07 | Evan Stewart
The Corona Obsession: How to be Positively Obsessed
Evan Stewart is a world-renowned life and business strategist with a mastery in building dominant, sustainable, and purpose-driven lives and businesses.
- 6:22 – Evan starts the podcast off explaining the notion behind a positive obsession.
- 10:35 – He explains what an unhealthy obsession is and how easy it is to slip into one, even with healthy intentions.
- 12:51 – Evan believes success is easy if you break it down into tiny pieces.
- 14:17 – He talks about and goes into detail about the “book-end” concept that changed his life and way of thinking.
- 17:56 – Evan then takes the theory further and discusses starting and ending your day in discomfort, and why it is difficult to do so.
- 22:45 – Evan talks about what our desire for comfort actually means and how to look at it to help positively change you.
- 28:41 – Evan talks about the notion of providing an explanation over an excuse.
- 32:00 – Evan encourages everyone to take accountability for ourselves and the people relying on us.
- 36:30 – He ends the podcast by encouraging us to allow ourselves to grow in the capacity we were meant to be.
10:35 – “A lot of healthy intentions are leading to unhealthy consequences.”
12:43 – “If it was easy, everyone would be skinny, rich and happy.”
14:23 – “You need to start and end your day the exact same way. It [the book-end theory] starts to build the muscle memory of your life not being out of control.”
22:45 – “What you are craving is not actually comfort, it’s structure.”
33:23 – “You need to stop justifying your mediocrity to the people relying on you.”
36:20 – “Growth is a part of our nature. It’s the complacency that goes against the way we are built.”